Welcome to JCDL
The Joint Conference on Digital Libraries (JCDL) is a major international forum focusing on digital libraries and associated technical, practical, and social issues. JCDL enhances the tradition of conference excellence already established by the ACM and IEEE-CS by combining the annual events that these professional societies have sponsored on an annual basis, the ACM Digital Libraries Conferences and the IEEE-CS Advances in Digital Libraries Conferences.
At this conference the Vannevar Bush Best Paper Award, Best Student Paper Award, Best International Paper Award, Best Poster award are presented to persons who have made outstanding contribution to this field. This conference invites papers on the wide range of topics of interest in Digital Library to the National and International Community.
JCDL 2016 will be held in Newark, NJ from 19-23 June. Proposal submission dates* are:
- December 20th (early submission)
- January 10th
- Workshops and Tutorials
- January 17th
- Full and short papers panels, posters, and demonstrations
- Doctoral consortium
JCDL 2015 Awards
JCDL 2015 was held in Knoxville, TN from June 21-24. Congratulations to the award winners!
- Vannevar Bush best paper award
- Pertti Vakkari and Janna Pöntinen for their paper Result List Actions in Fiction Search
- Best student paper award
- Lulwah M. Alkwai, Michael L. Nelson, and Michele C. Weigle for their paper How Well Are Arabic Websites Archived?
- Best poster award co-winners
- Ahmed Alsum for Reconstruction of the US First Website
Wesley Jordan, Mat Kelly, Justin F. Brunelle, Laura Vobrak, Michele C. Weigle, and Michael L. Nelson for Mobile Mink: Merging Mobile and Desktop Archived Webs
JCDL 2017 Conference Proposals
The JCDL Steering Committee solicits proposals from groups interested in organizing the JCDL conference in 2017 and beyond. Interested parties should contact the steering committee chair at Michael Nelson for further details.